From a 1000 IP camera set up to a single application there are many factors to consider when building a IP Video Surveillance System. We have tried to keep this general, for more advanced options, please contact us.
Form - The physical shape of the IP camera ?
- Fixed - Usually in the form of a box, cube or bullet style
- Dome- As per name
- PTZ - You can control the IP camera to Pan Tilt and Zoom
Usage – where will it be located ?
- Indoor - To be used indoors with no IP rated protection against weather conditions
- Outdoor -To be used outdoors with an IP rated protection against weather conditions
- Vandal Proof - Protection against tampering and vandalism
- Day & Night -Changes the cameras mode during night time with a IR cut filter, LED lighting may be required
Features – what it can achieve
- POE - Connect the IP camera and power it with the same single cat5e cable
- Megapixel - Put simply the higher the Megapixel the better the quality and resolution 1 million pixels = 1 MP
- IR LED Lights - If using a day and night IP camera and its pitch black you will need IR lighting
- Optical Zoom - Remotely you can alter the zoom of the lens
- Audio Support - If audio is needed it comes in the form of 1 way and 2 way audio
- On Board Storage - In the form of a SD card you can record your footage within the camera itself
- Wide Dynamic Range - WDR enables the capture and display of both bright and dark areas in the same frame
- HD - Enhanced video quality over the older analogue camera with VGA resolution at 640×480 pixels, 720p HD = 1280×720 and 1080p 1920×1080. Higher the resolution, less cameras needed.
- VMS - Video Management Software, comes free with your camera, where you control, schedule, record images.
- Open Platform VMS - Milestone and Seetec, for larger applications, open to multiple camera manufacturers
- Pc - Record locally to your Pc at your business location or home.
- NVR - Network Video Recorder – Record video to a NVR.
- NAS - Some IP cameras like Axis and Panasonic can auto configure to an Iomega NAS with Universal Plug & Play.
- SD Card - Some IP cameras have on board storage.
Please contact us with any questions